Pages

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day (day 14 of summer vacation)

Happy Canada Day everyone. Today has been pretty uneventful for me and the MIT. We watched tennis (again LOL) The MIT hates watching tennis. It has been the week for it. Wimbledon is my favourite tennis series.

i guess i am surviving summer so far. Not much sleep. i am still able to function. i am much easier to tears right now. The MIT and i go out at least once a day. We do some sort of running around. We sometimes work in a walk. i do have to admit a lot of our time is in the house. i can only handle pushing Him so far. He has found a lot of games online that He likes. Plus, for my own survival, i have actually gotten digital cable. He is really enjoying all the new and different channels. Flipping has never been so much fun for Him.

i am taking my diabetes much more seriously. i bought the book "Diabetes for Canadians for Dummies". my friend Sh suggested it. She is my inspiration right now. She has done really well since finding out she is also diabetic. i have known for much longer and haven't done too much about it. Right now i am taking my blood sugar levels before and after every meal. i am recording it in a booklet i made. i am going to be asking my doctor to refer me back to the diabetic clinic at MUMC when i see her on the 10th. i am also making changes in my diet, and the MIT's diet. i have cut back on the diet Pepsi. i am down to 4-5 cans a day. Brita water is my new best friend. i am eating a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner that includes all food groups. i am also watching my portion sizes. One problem is i am finding that between 7-9 i am hungry. i tried moving my times to eat later, but it hasn't worked yet. At least i know there is a problem, and i am going to figure out a plan to combat it.

Tomorrow the plan is to go to L&D's. The MIT wants to be blond again, and He needs a trim. i am also missing them terribly. i haven't seen them since April. Tomorrow should be a really good day. i can't wait to meet Atlas. The MIT might have a bit of a problem, but He will handle it. i wonder what the back yard looks like with the fence. Hmmmm. i can't even remember the last time the MIT or i was there. i think it was back at the end of September, before the MIT went to Australia. Wow, that sure is a long time.

Well, it is time for me to head to bed. i hope to catch a few winks between beeps. He is up to 15 apnea's already. This is going to be a long night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaving hugs and swats

Thinking of you

PM