Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Waiting....

i am sitting here watching the clock. i have an appointment in 2 hours with the doctor to discuss the results of my mammogram and ultrasound. 2 hours to wait and worry. 2 hours to get a shower, get dressed, and then leave for the doctor's to hear if everything is normal, i have a cyst, calcium deposit, or growth that needs to be biopsied. 2 hours. Not enough time to hide under the covers. Not enough energy to go and get groceries. Too much time to think and think and think.

Think about the what ifs. Think about how i feel. Think about how i will react. Think about what will happen next. Think about how the MIT will feel. Think about how my parents will feel. Think about how my friends will feel.

i also lost 2 friends this past week. Not because of death, but because of how i handled my fear. They got mad about how i reacted to the fear i was feeling. They got mad about how others were being made to feel, without talking to them. They decided things about me. i have decided things about them. i have decided that they have rules that they expect others to live by, but not live that way themselves. i have decided i don't need to work so hard to keep friends. Those that truly care about me, and are friends of mine, understand me, and let me live how i please, knowing that i don't break their confidences, or purposely act to hurt them. Those that truly are my friends, know me, help me, and are there for me, just as i know them, help them, and are there for them. i am sad i am loosing people i thought cared for me so much, but am less stressed, knowing i don't have to live up to expectations they don't even hold up themselves.

What saddens me most about the situation is the MIT. He is mad. He misses them. He misses A. He says that they acted like Him. Mad about something and not able to let it go or talk about it. He talked about how they "lied" about forgiving me before. He talked about how He did that with Mr. B. at karate. He understands that they don't hate Him, and aren't mad at Him, but He knows the friendship has changed, and it does affect how often they will and how willing they will be to see Him, with them being mad at me. i like how "grown-up" He is getting.

He knows what is happening with me. He knows about the appointment and we have talked about what we are hoping the doctor will say. He is scared i will die, like others in my Mom's family, or like others from His church. He is scared how things will change if it isn't nothing or isn't a cyst.

i made Him come with me to see D and E and P. He likes that D is like Him. He likes that someone else He knows forgets words, slurs, or is shaky. He feels like He isn't alone so much in what He experiences. He understands how serious D's condition is, but He feels connected to her. He says D will be waiting to greet Him when He dies, along with Papa. He thinks D and Papa will be friends in heaven. He likes that idea. He liked that everyone was bald. He doesn't want me to go bald.

The MIT is having more seizures. He seized at school yesterday. He fell 5 times in a 1 1/2 hour period on Tuesday. He forgets more and more words. This morning He was so pale when He woke up. His condition is getting more and more unstable. Both with the way His balance is, and with His health. More seizures is a bad thing. More falling is a bad thing. i keep looking forward and i see Him spending more and more and more time in His wheelchair. He already is. He doesn't spend an entire day out of it, or without loosing muscle tone. Sure we don't use it much here at home, but even here He spends more and more time without a side working. It is a daily norm now.

Wow, i have now spent an entire 1/2 hour writing. That means only 1 hour before i leave to see the doctor. That means i have 1 1/2 hours before i see the doctor. That means 1 1/2 hours before i find out what the lump is.

No comments: