Pages

Sunday, December 07, 2008

And it continues

The MIT is home. He is sitting and watching The Simpsons. He sits there content, and i feel like i have not accomplished anything this weekend.

In my head, i should have:
  • baked 2 batches of sugar cookies
  • baked 2 batches of spiced crinkle cookies
  • decorated sugar cookies
  • made another gift in a jar
  • print out instructions for said gift in a jar

In reality i have:
  • done all the dishes
  • made a dinner that is sitting in the fridge for a day when i don't want to cook
  • make 1 gift in a jar
  • printed out instructions for said gift in a jar, plus 3 other gifts in a jar i had previously made
  • dusted
  • vacuumed
  • sorted gifts i have gotten for people
  • kept my room clean and tidy after cleaning it
  • cleaned out and took down cooler
  • took down the fridge/cooler
  • brought up jars for gifts in a jar

So reality says i have gotten a lot done this weekend, but still my head says different. i feel like i have been lazy. i feel like i have let my weekend without the MIT go to waste. Yes, i took time for myself, but still, i have so much to do.

i get that i couldn't go out shopping this weekend, and that has a lot to do with getting my list finished. i have ingredients to get for baking and for gifts in jars. i have stocking stuffers to still get. i have one person's gift to get. i have 2 people that i can't figure out what to get. my list stays long until those things are done, and i have the money to do them.

The big "problem" i am having, is the baking. i want to bake. i need to bake. i just can't seem to make myself bake. i think of baking, and then i remember my little freezer at the top of my fridge is full. It is full of stuff that i will eventually use, just not right now.

Damn it, i need a freezer. A real freezer.

No comments: