Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2011

The day after.

Yesterday was very tough.  The nurse called 911 because TJ was showing different seizure activity.  I actually cried when the first responders (FD) showed up.  I was scared because TJ just wasn't right.  We spent the day at the hospital. Mom and Dad took TJ home with them.

I came home and had planned on going for a walk with Charlie (who had been locked up in his crate once 911 was called). I had planned on then going to bed.  It didn't happen.  I needed more.  I needed to feel comforted.  I needed to not feel.  So I ordered in food and ate and ate.

That means today, I get to start filling in a behaviour chain.  It is not supposed to be a punishment.  It is to be a learning tool.  To learn why I made the decission that I did, and how to make it easier not to make the same decision next time.  So, now I am learning why I needed to eat so much to make me feel better. 

I know why.  I wanted comfort.  I wanted to feel over full instead of sad and guilty and scared and out of control over the entire hospital visit.  I wanted to escape from feeling for a while.  So, that is what I did. 

As to how not to do it again next time, I have no idea right now.  I am not doing it tonight, and I really want to.  I want to order in KFC and just binge on all that fat and hot stuff for the night. 

No comments: