Pages

Friday, January 12, 2007

Nuts!

Yesterday i did something stupid. i ate some cashews. Let me explain

On May 9th, 2006, i was diagnosed with allergies to tree nuts. i have an epi-pen incase this allergy causes trouble breathing. Tree nuts include almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachio, brazil nuts, beechnuts, cashews, chestnuts, and macadamia nuts. i am not allergic to peanuts. Peanuts are a different nut all together. Since being diagnosed, i have eaten some types of tree nuts, like walnuts and almonds, with no reaction. That is a good thing.

So, after cleaning L&D's place, and after getting the girls, i had some cashews from a container of mixed nuts that were on the table. Within 15 mins (might have been less) my stomach was cramping, and i was vomiting. i already had benadryl in me (L&D have cats) so the itching and sneezing stuff didn't happen. Luckily, i did not get any breathing problems. i kept falling asleep. Even after L got home, i would doze off. i felt like i was outside of my body. It felt really weird. i left early, not getting any reflexology practice, and drove all the way home. Shortly after that, i was fast asleep. i slept all night long.

i love cashews. i remember eating them every Christmas time. Unfortunately, my body has now decided that cashews are not a good food for me. This morning my body is not happy with me. i missed last night's meds. i am itchy and my eyes are swollen. my face is blotchy. i look like a mess. So, no more cashews for me.


Powered by Qumana

No comments: