Pages

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Time Again

Yes, it is that time of year where I take out all the "pre-tree" decorations and spruce up the house for the season. I didn't think I really wanted to, but by the end of last night, I had everything up and decorated the way I wanted. It even snowed last night to decorate outside for me.

I found Mike's stocking again. I also found a pair of His gloves. I had a few moments of sadness and longing, but it didn't stop me dead in my tracks, or prove to be debilitating. I hugged His stocking, and put it in my room. I will either find some place special to put it, or it will go in His drawer. I then spent the rest of the evening surrounded by lit candles and a fiery glow over the entire living room. I am so in love with my candles right now. I have at least one lit when ever I am home and awake.

Today I pick the MIT up from respite care at 12. He then goes with my sister to her work party. After that, it will be a nice evening home with Him and I doing as little as possible. He will complain about the decorations, that is part of who He is, but it is also part of our tradition. Next weekend is probably tree cutting day. That is always fun. We are going back to the same place as last year, and the year before that. I hope I don't get as weepy as last year.

Over the next few weeks, I will be working on getting presents done for my biological family, and my chosen family. I will also be concentrating on getting the last 20 procedures done for my reflexology (my final exam is on the 27th). It is going to be a busy month, but I am up for it.

It is a much cheerier year than last year.

No comments: