Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

Yesterday was a good day. The MIT must have been good, since Santa brought Him lots of stuff He asked for. Santa was also good to me, and brought me some PJ's and an iSterio. The MIT surprised me with the Pirates of the Caribbean 3. i cooked the turkey and stuffing without any problems. Mom, Dad and Sis took the MIT to church, giving me time to prepare the turkey, then brought Him home for some quiet time together. After lunch, Mom, Dad, and Sis came over, and we opened more presents. The MIT and i surprised my Sis by giving her a gift from her teddy bear named Tddy. It included a picture of Tddy with Santa. It was all the MIT's idea, and it went over great. Later, my Nana and Aunt came over, and more gifts were exchanged. i have a feeling i will not see my MIT for about 3 months, as He will be holed up in His room watching DVD's. After my Nana and Aunt left, it was time for supper and playing with DVD's and cleaning up. my family is great. All i do is cook the turkey and stuffing, and my Mom brings over the rest of the food, cooks/heats it up, and then after everyone is done, she does the dishes. It was a good day. There were lots of pictures taken. Some of me even turned out really well. Mostly pictures of the MIT were taken, since He is the center of attention, which is only right. i don't have room to put up all the good ones, so here are just few.










Today was shopping with my Mom, while my Dad played with the MIT. It has become a great tradition. i even picked out what i am getting for my birthday today. The MIT and my Dad ate most of the leftovers, so it was Chinese for dinner.

Tomorrow is my exam. my final exam for reflexology. i have to do the entire procedure without looking at my book. That is going to be a breeze. The part i am worried about is naming all the reflexes. That will be the toughest part. That and not loosing my place in the procedure as i answer the questions. The charting i have done is great, and i have no worries about that. But, it is an exam and i always get nervous about that.

The MIT and i still have gifts to give out. One set i know i will be able to deliver soon. The other set, i have no idea. i haven't heard from them in a long time. i have tried to keep in touch with them, but have heard very little back. i have sent emails, and left phone messages. i even sent them an eCard for Christmas. Oh well, i am sure stuff must really be going on with them, or i would have heard from them. Last i had heard, family health was an issue, and i know how that can be when you only have so many spoons.
The biggest surprise this Christmas / Yule time, is the MIT hasn't lost any muscles. He also hasn't gotten all angry. He has pulled Himself from situations to quietly deal. He has really matured. i am proud of Him. i just wish i could see the joy in stuff. All i keep seeing is what isn't and is going to happen in the future.
i am still having problems with that. The change in meds hasn't seemed to help yet. It is still really hard for me to see the "good" in alot of thing, including the van. i am getting better with the Monster (van). i have yet to put His wheel chair in it, but i will be doing that tomorrow, especially if we go visiting and delivering presents. The ramp is cool, and so is the space in the back seat. It is just so hard to get in and out of. i definitely need to invest in a granny step


Well, my pills seem to be kicking in. Tomorrow is a stressful day, so wish me luck, and here is to becoming a certified reflexologist

No comments: