Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

A long Thursday

Yes it was a long day. It all started at 5:30 am and didn't stop until 11:30 pm.

First it was getting the MIT off to school. Then groceries. No big deal. Just an hour out of my life i can never get back. Then it was time to shower and get dressed professionally. Meeting at the school. Meeting with my therapist. Home to the MIT. Then He was off to a pot luck dinner at church (Maunday Thursday). Then, i did something i haven't done in a very long time.

i went to the Hamilton Mixer all by myself.

i am really proud of myself. i went at the beginning and didn't leave until after 10:00. i talked to people i hadn't met before. i talked to people i haven't seen in a long time. i enjoyed myself. i am also proud with the way i handled the arrival of the two people, that really made my life miserable after Mike died. i felt my heart beat faster, and my breathing increase, but then i just breathed deep, and continued my night. i didn't go up to them, and i didn't avoid them on purpose. i just pretended they weren't there. They left before i did. i am really proud of the fact that i didn't panic and that i didn't run out of there, letting them take away a great night.

So yeah. i am proud of myself. i am proud i did everything i had to yesterday. i am proud i handled the meeting at the school. i am proud i went to therapy after. i am proud i went out last night.

This is me smiling and glowing

No comments: