Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Moving past a headache

Cookies are being baked.  Yule stuff has been bought.  Christmas music is playing.  Tree is lit.  Head is pounding.  The headache is something i can get past.  It happens.  It is actually a little motivating.  Knowing that when i finish everything, i can lie down without interruption, is a good thing. 

Last night was weird.  After i posted, my sister called and said that i was being 10.  That she remembers me, and her, doing the exactly same thing.  She even agreed that baking wouldn't be a good thing, since a 10 year old can't bake by herself.  i love my sister.  She has become my best support since Mike has died.  She is even playing Santa to me this year.  i know she is getting me colouring books and some other stuff that Mike would usually get me.  She is very special.  i just wish i could help her as much as she helps me.

Later, when it was bed time, i grabbed my Christmas Eeyore.  He has antlers and a scarf.  Mike got it for me last year.  i curled into bed, and suddenly i was crying.  i haven't done that in a while.  i just lay in bed, ignoring my other stuffed friends, and held Eeyore tightly, crying.  It wasn't an all out heart breaking cry.  Just a needing to grieve a bit cry.  It didn't last long, and i did feel a bit better after i woke up.  i guess i needed it. 

Anyways, time to bake more cookies for Tuesday.


Powered by Qumana


No comments: