Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006

A new wrench in the mix

Let's see. i had a busy-ish day planned. A couple of things to do. Not really all that much. One task out of the house, one in. A manageable amount of stuff to do.

First was getting my eyebrows waxed. Went well. No ill effects except for the redness. my brows are now shaped and pretty and all better.

Next was driving E out to get papers signed. i over estimated the length of time it would take to get her there, which got me a drive-by tour of the new area. Went well. No big deal.

i then went to my doctor's appointment. my blood pressure is a little high (ok, more than a little). my weight was up by 1/2 a pound. The headache yesterday was probably my blood pressure being high. i probably have a kidney infection which is what is causing my back pain. No big deals. Everything is still ok. i am doing fine.

This is when things went wonky. i went down to the van, started to pull out. The van felt weird. A pedestrian stopped me and told me my tire was flat. Really, really flat. i pulled back into my spot, and called CAA. Waited for them to show up and change my tired (i actually know how to do it, but the way my brain went, i had to call for help). Tire got changed, went to pick-up my Mom. Took the tire to Speedy. They fixed it for free and put it back on the van. They are nice to me there. Took my Mom to a special store to buy me an stained glass angel. Took her home. i handled it all. i didn't have a full out panic attack. i didn't break down. i called CAA all on my own without needing anyone to tell me to. i did good.

Then i came home and broke. i had the same reaction as i did all those years ago, before i got to the point of burying things. i handled the situation, then after, when things were all safe, i broke. i used to vomit because of the stress i would feel, or i would cry and bang my head against a wall. This time i fell asleep. i don't even remember feeling tired. i woke up when the MIT got home, then fell right back asleep. The MIT took real good care of Himself and stayed out of trouble. i did get up about 4:45. The MIT and i had some fun joking around. Right now, the MIT is out with my Sis. They will be back soon.

i am proud of how i handled everything. i am proud of how i was able to think once i found out my tire was flat. i am proud that i dealt with my Mom after the flat. i am so proud of myself. i just really want to still sleep.


Powered by Qumana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did good my dear. Real good.

Miss you, be glad to see you Thursday.

Hugs and Love,

Darren