Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goals, and how to deal

i didn't set any goals for this week. i don't have a sticker chart for me this week. i am not missing it, and really, i have achieved more during the weekend than i usually do. i don't want to stop making goals for myself. i need goals to keep me going sometimes. With that in mind, i need to make some goals for today.

Tuesday
get the "extra" garbage can from out back
clean up my patio
shower and dress (no scrubs)
get gas tank full of gas
get groceries
go to the munch tonight
clean my kitchen
take all my meds

With tonight being the munch, i have been thinking of ways to cope if certain people show up. At the last social, i had a difficult time, and i was (and still am) mad at myself for giving certain people more power than they are worth. So i have come up with some ideas. i can just ignore them. That tends to work really well. i need to let go of what they may or may not be saying about me. i mean really. Who is to say i am that important in their lives? And if i am that important, then they are giving ME power. So yeah, ignoring them, and enjoying the people i am with and surrounded by, is what i am going to do. Giving those people the power to change how good of a time i am having is not good for me. i refuse to give them that much power over me.

Continuing with the munch theme, i need/want to figure out a way to get back into that "social butterfly" mode. The mode or persona where i am comfortable going around and introducing new people, visit with others that are there, basically flutter around with a smile on my face. i think i will have a bit of an easier time this month, since i am still feeling the effects of my spanks from Saturday. That always tends to help me. i feel more myself and more like i can accomplish anything.

Today feels like a good day. Once the MIT heads off to school, i am heading back to bed for a nap, then a shower, get dressed, get gas, get groceries, come home, get the garbage can, clean up the back yard, clean up the kitchen, pick my clothes for tonight, shower again (will be stinky from the patio cleaning), get dressed, go get E, then head out to Toronto. That sounds like a plan.

No comments: