Pages

Monday, November 06, 2006

Finding my limits

i made a list of stuff i wanted to get done today.  i had every intention of following that list.  i really did.  i even got a very important thing done off my list.  i went and got myself that watch. 


It is perfect.  It has 4 alarms (one for each meal/med time).  i got the strap i wanted and it was put on.  i am happy with it.  i am even wearing it now.  All the alarms are set.  i am very proud of myself for getting it.


What i didn't expect was it to take so much out of me.  Walking threw the mall was so hard.  i had my Mom drive me, and she helped me pick out my watch.  She also allowed me the freedom to look at the Christmas stuff or not.  She was great.  After that i was supposed to go and get groceries, and i just couldn't do it.  i felt totally exhausted and drained.  i was at the end of my rope, from just walking in the mall. 


i am proud that i got my watch, and proud that i knew when i was ready to go home.  i am proud i didn't push myself past the point of stress.  i am glad i didn't have to go home and collapse from feeling so out of it.  Sure i didn't get everything on my list done, but i am not snappy at the MIT.  i do not feel like my world is at an end again.  i do not feel totally out of control. 


i learned to listen to my body, heart, and head and not push myself too hard.  i learned what my limit of the day was.


Powered by Qumana


No comments: