Pages

Monday, November 06, 2006

Goals

So, now that i have actually acknowledged the anger, i seem to be doing better.  i am also able to see what it is i need to do, to keep myself healthy and more in control.  Especially in control of those things i need to be in control of.  Here is my list



  • i am checking my blood sugars each morning and logging it someplace.

  • i am taking all my meds when it is time to (i am going to get a multiple alarm watch to help me with this) and logging it someplace.

  • i am eating 3 meals each day, plus a snack, and logging it someplace.

  • i am making a meals list to follow each week and logging it someplace.

  • i am cooking more often, instead of ordering take-out and logging it someplace

  • i am shopping for groceries once a week to get what is needed for that week.

  • i am vacuuming and dusting my living room every morning once the MIT leaves.

  • i am watering my plants every 2 days.

  • i am keeping my table clean at all times.

  • i am doing my dishes each afternoon, while waiting for the MIT to get home from school.

  • i am focusing one night a week to concentrate on homework from my Reflexolgy class.

  • i am asking my friends and family for help (to either go with me or just talk to me on the cell phone) with going out or with going shopping (especially when it is Christmas/Yule shopping) if i start to get anxious.

  • i am participating more in the DSSG organization that i have been neglecting of late.

  • i am finding something "interesting" in a group setting to do, to get me out of the house more often.

  • i am going to start going to the dealing with grief support group.


i know these are all things i can do.  i also know that by doing all these things, i will feel better, and more in control.  Getting a handle on my blood sugars, will help my mood.  Making sure i make lists and stick to them will help me financially.  Keeping up with house work will help me feel less chaotic where i should be able to relax.  Focusing on my studies will help me feel like i can actually accomplish the course.  Asking people for help will help me to cope with situations i am not ready to do on my own.  Getting back to my "duties" with the DSSG group will help me feel a part of it again, and not just an "add-on" as i have been seeing myself.  Joining a group to do fun stuff (might even be a craft group or something like that) will help me develop new connections with more people.  Going to the support group will give me a safe place to cry and feel angry and deal with so much of how i am feeling, especially this time of year. 


i have a plan now.  Something i haven't had in a very long time.  Something i used to count on someone else to help me with, but know that i can do on my own.  It is a good plan, and some of which is already in place.  Fridays are taken up doing school and therapy.  Thursdays are taken up earning some extra cash cleaning, for a special family.  Tuesday nights will soon be taken up by the support group.  All great steps in the right direction.


Now to just find that watch.  It has to be cool looking, and it has to have at least 4 alarms on it.  The hunt will begin tomorrow!


Powered by Qumana


No comments: